Thursday, December 25, 2008

stupid data plans

I really really REALLY want a Sidekick, but of course I don't live in the States, and they are only available to the States through T Mobile. I'm really sketch on getting an unlocked phone through EBay of the Sidekick, especially with no warranty and such. That is my ideal dream phone of the moment in white.

So after I came to a conclusion that I wouldn't be getting the Sidekick until I move to NY, I decided to choose between the new HTC Touch Diamond and the Blackberry Bold. I finally went to my provider to talk to them about it and didn't realize you NEED (pretty much) a data plan which allows you to send emails and do all that fancy schmancy stuff. This data plan is an extra $30 minimum on top of your other features such as caller id, voicemail and all the basics. So I started sulking about that because I found out without the plan, just the phone alone would be $550. What a waste of money.


So now I'm left in this situation because my current phone is sufficient and if I change my phone it feels like I will be down grading. So what my next two options are are the iPhone or the LG Vu. With the iPhone, a data plan is still necessary but it's cheaper. The LG Vu on the other hand is like (I'll admit it) a iPhone wannabe, except it doesn't need a data plan. So I'm just trying to weight out my options and it's all really frustrating. I just want an effing new phone! Data plans are laaame<3

No comments:

Post a Comment