Wednesday, August 13, 2008

rumour has it...



My friend was listening to the radio and happened to tell me that rumour has it that the amazing opening ceremony for the Beijing Olympics is one big fraaaaaud! First off.. there was a little girl "singing" in a red dress. I put those in quotations because she was actually lip syncing. Better yet, it wasn't even her voice! The rumour is that the actual girl wasn't cute enough. Above is a picture of the girl in the red dress who lip synced and the real girl who sang. Wow.. that's a bitch move right there. Second of all, the amazing fireworks we saw on out TV screens were digitally mastered and some of the fireworks were super imposed. That's so deceiving and just plain rude. To think I was getting all excited for a phony show. Pfft. But honestly, the rest was amazing. I'm sure there are other things which were fake to but that's all I got so far.

Another thing that has come up about the Olympics, I think it was Spain's men's basketball team who was posing for a picture for the newspapers. Right when they clicked the camera, the whole basketball team put their fingers to their temples and pulled back the skin to make their eyes look "Chinese". I don't know whether or not they were trying to fit in with China or if they were straight up being racial. Who knows, but that's the controversy right now. Eeeks! Good luck with that one boys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment