Friday, August 15, 2008

it was all in the fortune cookie


Yesterday I went to get ice cream with was hanging out with a girl friend and we watched The Nanny Diaries. Throughout the movie, everyone was calling and texting me other than the guy that I wanted to. We were supposed to hang out this week, but I didn't hear a work for him. Anyways, my friend had one last fortune cookie and she gave it to me. I wasn't even thinking about the whole situation, and I'm not very superstitious but I cracked the cookie in half and read the message. What did it say you ask? Well it read:

Minimize expectations to avoid being disappointed.

This was soooo true! It had clicked.. yet again. Why do I have so many high expectations when I've just been let down again and again!? So, I'm like yeahh what am I doing! I just need to clear my mind and get him out of my head. So anyways, we continued with the movie and I looked down at my phone and it said I had received a new text. I thought it was this other guy who's really annoying, but no it was the one I'm actually interested in! What are the odds? Actually though.
Anyways, he ended up wanting me to hang out but I didn't because I ended up hanging out with other friends and I'd rather put them first over a boy. Plus it's all in the chase right? That's the long story short, but I've kept the fortune. Maybe I should buy the lottery numbers too! haha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment