Wednesday, October 8, 2008

too busy to care?



Lately, that has been me. This is exactly what school does to you. I've just been too busy to care or stay close with people and it's a pretty sad fact. I think a lot of people just get caught up in the fact that they have to take care of themselves first. Especially in a North American culture, there is so much materialism and even the TV shows are about selfish little brats. Haha, not saying I'm not the one to blame. I mean I do admit it. I've been extremely busy going about my life. But, this is not fair to the people who love you. I know I'm opening up a huge can of worms here, and frankly I don't even know where I'm going with this but it's just my thoughts of the day.

People are all for themselves, and I've come to realize that only true friends will care about you, take the time to listen, and no matter how busy, have the time for you. It's only when you realize you're being selfish when something dramatic happens like a life being taken away, or falling from the top. It's only when you hit rock bottom when you know that something is wrong an you want change, and it's sad to think that that's what we're resorting to now. That people are selfish until the worst happens. I've been coming across a lot of people like that and it's just depressing.
It's created an eyeopener and has helped me realized how I can change for the better and what I do and don't want in life.

I'll admit, these weeks have been exploding with stress, and like a blog post over the weekend I'm just not myself, but there are so many things in life I do have going for me, why am I complaining?
Our society whines and complains about every little thing. If it's sunny, it's too hot, if it's snowing it's too cold. Well either take off your clothes or put more on! Just kidding, but I just think that people complain to hear themselves and once again it relates back to themselves. It makes a person shallow and boring. Just get out of that habit and be more insightful. Have your own thoughts and create your own world by making it better for the people around you.

We are all the same in the end. Just flesh and blood. We do react differently to different personalities and people but that's natural. I'm not saying to go be a carebear and love everyone, I'm just saying appreciate the things in life. One day it will all come to an end. So change for tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment