Saturday, October 11, 2008

movie night

Yesterday I was at school for 12 hours working on a project, so when I got home I was just exhausted. So my daddy and I went to the video store and rented a bunch of movies. I was always told to watch Made of Honour because it reminded my friends of me and what outcome I'll be put in. When the movie was finished I wasn't tired so I watched Factory Girl which I always wanted to see. So my thoughts on the movies.

Made of Honour
was your typical chick flick. Everyone has told me to watch it because it reminds them of me as I'm really good friends with guys. But I don't know. I get that the two have been so close for so long, but all of a sudden to be able to sex with each other? Wouldn't that be kind of awkward? Probably cuz I've never thought of my guy friends in that way, but I guess if it's meant to happen it will.


Factory Girl
was a pop art movie based on the life of Edie Sedgwick. She was an American socialite, actress, and heiress who stared in several of Andy Warhol's films. She was such a sweet and flamboyant girl and she entered into Warhol's life. Like most people trying to make it big she ended up doing drugs and in the end overdosed at the age of 28. The movie is a bit boring and hard to follow in the beginning but it's more of an artsy film and captures a very artsy side. I don't know if I liked it or not. I love Sienna Miller. And I like the theory behind the film. It reminded me of a mix between the movie Gia and Requiem for a Dream. But overall I loved how it was filmed. In this movie, Miller looks exactly like Sedgwick! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment