Thursday, March 19, 2009

what's the skinny?

Is this hot?

Celebrities like it or not are big fashion influencers. It seems that body image is such a big thing in today's society. We tend to copy our favourite celebs in today's society and watch what they do. I do thing that staying healthy and being at the appropriate weight is a good plan, but to the point where you can see every bone on a persons body? This is such a big issue for girls and has been for several years. Its so sad that society in general makes fun of larger people. But at least we are starting to accept the fact that curvy is in. No boy wants to hug a bag of bones and frankly, I'm so sick of turning pages to see size 00 girls and there are so many anorexic pages. Why are people so twisted to think that this could even be sexy. I think it's more revolting and makes my hands go soft thinking of it.

I don't know, for me I like to be thin and a moderate size because fashion is a large party of my life. Therefore, I like staying my size to fit into clothing so there aren't bulges in any of the clothes I wear. I just think that eating healthy and exercising are such important parts to life.

A few people in my life are anorexic and this changes their whole approach in the way they think and their personalities in general, because when one starves themselves, they change. Eating disorders are creating awareness lately just like breast cancer as it is a huge factor in today's society. Yeah we hear of it, but until we actually know someone with an eating disorder, it's not the same. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment