Saturday, January 3, 2009

what to do


So I just found out that one of my potential's grandpa has only a few days to live. He's really close to him and the doctor had only focused on one part of his body and didn't realize that his cancer had spread everywhere. The doctors always seem to do that. Anyways, in general I feel like I'm a pretty good counselor amongst my friends but when matters like this come I try and comfort them but the right words just don't come out. I feel sooo bad for him and know what he's going through as I have experienced it in my life as well. Sigh. I just want to be there for him, but he's so distant and I hate that. When people seclude themselves from the rest of the world because something like that happen. I just want to give him a big hug and tell him that everything will be okay, but right now he's just not rational and I don't know what to do. It hurts the most when people in our lives who we love the most pass away. <3

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. They just distance themselves and it feels like they are letting you go and you are slowly moving out of their lives. As much as it feels like this, it will take time for them to heal. So don't take it to heart sweety. I know you care for this person a lot, but no one wants pity either. So just be there and support this person and take it one step at a time. If they cut you out of their life they are dumb, because from your blog you seem like such a sweet, insightful person. Who wouldn't want to have you as a friend. Be there as much as you can, trust me, they'll come back. But then again, only time will tell....

    ReplyDelete