Thursday, January 1, 2009

5, 4, 3, 2, 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Last night I had pretty much no expectations. I'm the kind of person who has to plan everything out and hate just going without. Anyhow, we came up with plans the day of and they weren't the greatest of plans. Me and my friend were planning to go to our friends hotel party until we heard it was lame! So we were parked outside of my house trying to figure out what to do now. I didn't want to stay in for sure. I was ready, wearing my dress, my face and had my hair up! So we were all dressed up and had no where to go. What could be worst on New Year's Eve. We were scrambling for events to go to and called all my contacts. As the night went on, we were freaking out. We hadn't gotten our booze yet and literally all we could say was, "What are we going to do!?" It was horrid and it was beginning to snow.

Anyways, we pulled it together and my friend got us guest list at a club so we only had to pay $40 rather than $85. Stoked. Another plus was that our friends were going. Yep, all boys of course. We headed down on the skytrain and found one of our other friends. We pre-drank before going into the club in the freezing cold. We got in at 11.20. Perfect timing. Everyone was just headed in so it was decent. The club was decent sized and there were several people that I knew. Along with our low expectations, the club was better than expected. I've never had a real great countdown and have always managed to miss the actually "5, 4, 3, 2, 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR" part. But, I got my countdown this year with the confetti falling on my head and all!

It was great and better than expected which made me superbly happy.
Like the Cinderella story, we had to leave as the skytrain's last train was leaving at 2.20am. We left the club at 2.00am to include walking time and slippage in the snow as it was snowing/slushing. We watched the clock all night because we just could not miss it. I was very tipsy/light-headed as the night was filled with champagne, vodka and alize. Right when we got on the skytrain one of my potentials had told me he was outside the club I was at and had walked from where he was. I was so shocked as I was already on the train. He was sooo rattled because he really wanted to see me, but I guess like Cinderella the clock had struck 12 (aka 2). Oops! And today, I heard he got home at 5am. Poor guy.

Next, I got a text from another potential and he wanted to meet up. I agreed and he was going to pick me up at the skytrain, but he ended up getting into a fender bender as his car wouldn't stop due to the black ice. He ended up walking 10 blocks back to his friends house in the snow! Eeeks.


So no New Years boy, but it was an eventful time and I spent it with some of the people I love! I guess not planning sometimes is a good thing.
P.S. I'm in the States for a two day holiday. Need to get out of good old Vancouver for a bit before hitting the books again. But I will miss my Toronto friend dearly!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment