Wednesday, June 18, 2008

japanese hot pot

So today was my friend's birthday! I headed downtown for the day and we went out for dinner with her family. I tried Japanese hot pot at a restaurant called Posh. You order the food and they bring it to you raw. There is a hot plate in the center of the table with a bowl which you are supposed to put the ingredients into. They also give you a raw egg which you are supposed to dip the food in! I was like what the.. salmonella much!? But being adventurous I tried it, it wasn't all that bad. The food was pretty good. I'm glad I ventured out of my white-washedness and tried it. I think all together she had a good birthday! I was supposed to go to a gay bar (it was straight night) but I didn't end up going. Maybe next time!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment