Wednesday, June 25, 2008

shopping for labels. shopping for love.

So today I'm really happy actually. No ranting from this end. I'm ever so grateful for having guy friends.. because who else is better to take advice about boys from a boy! So I took it.. surprisingly. The thing is I never thought I would be able to let go. I've been guarding myself and my heart so I wouldn't get hurt, and have been keeping my options open. I've been very light hearted about things. Pretty much just playing the field like a boy.. minus the player label and the sluttiness. But I think I've gotten passed that and am ready to let go about what has happened in the past with the right person. I totally forgot how this feeling felt. Basically, after my long term relationship, I wasn't able to open up to people as much as before. I learned the hard way through relationships and friends how people can betray you and how you can only say certain things to certain people. As much as I hated the crazy drama, yelling matches and tears this is where I am today. Just content to be me. I just feel like I have changed. For the better that is when it comes to relationships, friendships and all. I'm not used to the feeling of butterflies and the excitement, but it's damn well been long enough. Try 3 years? Yay me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment