Thursday, July 17, 2008

“to be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved”- George MacDonald


As I was studying last night, I received a text message which got me thinking about trust. Trust is what holds a relationship together. Without it there wouldn't be a relationship or a foundation for one. We tend to trust people as friends before we open our hearts up to a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. Why is that? Sharing things with friends is nearly the exact same thing is it not? It has taken me a long time to open myself up to let people in, and that is what is holding me back from having a relationship.

Everyone has their own reasons, for me it's because I've been back stabbed by friends, so what more having the opposite sex do it to me? Hell no. Not happening. Many of my friends say I'm such a boy when it comes to relationships, but I guess it's always good to have control when it comes to certain measures. I like it anyways.

I tend to judge people before I actually know them, as bad as that sounds, but I keep my guard up so I won't get hurt... again. I tried, I really tried to let that guard down but it just got shut down again. So the question is, is that chance really worth it? Once you let loose and let yourself go unprotected in relationships (not condoms boys and girls, I mean your heart), then you are letting yourself have that chance to get your heart broken.

I just can't see myself doing that for a person until I really know. Call me picky, call it stupid but if you think about it, is it not better than all the drama and tears in the end? Cynical, maybe but I'd rather just have fun and not have to worry about what's going to be the next move in the relationship or what to do. Yes, I'm struggling with it right now, but that's only because I'm myself figuring out my own drama. Ah the stress. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment