Tuesday, July 8, 2008

special fashion week in Dubai

So there's fashion week happening in Dubai! But it's not just any fashion week... it's Children's fashion week. That's right.. a fashion week dedicated to Children's fashion. Sweet.. but not. Kids are already subjected to material items and are influenced by today's Hollywood culture. I mean I see elementary school kids wearing Aritzia clothing and carrying those TNA bags to school. Then the middle school kids wearing a pound of make up. Can't say I wasn't an LG myself but I mean.. things such as a Children's fashion week is outrageous. They're being subjected to materialism at such a young age. Yes, I agree kids should be stylish but really wearing a $700 outfit is more than unnecessary. Having a nephew, I know that kids grow super fast.

Dubai is known for being outrageous, crazy an innovative. They have designer hotels and even indoor skiing (that's sick.. I felt like snowboarding today. Sigh). They are full of inventions and I would looove to visit.

Anyhow, this isn't the first Kids Fashion Week.. it's the 6th annual. It includes the biggest
names in children's fashion such as Diesel, Moschino and Bennetton. Just take a look at these kids.. exploited? What do you think? Ahh I'm on the borderline of liking and hating this event. Ohhh crazy Dubai..! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment