Thursday, July 3, 2008

Estelle

I found an interview with Estelle (singer of American Boy) online giving some of her style secrets away. Estelle is an English rap/hip-hop/soul/pop/everything artist! It is so difficult to categorize her. I love her whole CD, and her voice. She has so much style and flair in not just her appearance, but her personality as well. She has worked with great artists including Kanye and John Legend. Go get her CD, Shine.. well if you're into the whole soulful type feeling. Anyhow, here's the interview. Enjoy! <3


Name your favourite shopping destinations
Italy, London, Paris.

What's your favourite item of clothing?
Spanx - they hold it all together

Any preferred clothing brands?
I like Balenciaga- the shoes are ridiculous - also Richard Nicoll's stuff is fresh, Azzedine Alaïa is instant vintage, Julien Macdonald...

What pieces are you after this season?
A dress from Julien Macdonald - any dress, I love all of them - and some YSL Tribute heels.

What inspires you? Just mixing up different looks, creating something not "felt" before to create something classic.

Which women alive or dead do you admire?
Audrey Hepburnfor being classic, Sophia Loren for being womanly, Diana Ross for being larger than life and Grace Jones for being defined.

Are you a shopping repeat offender, and if so, what is the item you buy over and over again?
Yep, white vests or ‘wife beaters' as they call 'em in the States! I buy them all summer and all winter.

What handbag do you carry and what's inside it?
I'm not a big handbag person - I carry a purple Y3 carry-all by Adidas- it's sooo convenient. I'm on tour right now so my life includes a pair of D&G wraparound sunglasses, my wallet, my Mac lip balm, my Bodyshop lip balm, an assortment of combs, loose change from various countries, two phones, and God knows what else...

The soundtrack to your life would be...
Dinah Washington - All Of Me.

One thing you hope to do before the end of the year is...
Take a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment