Sunday, July 27, 2008

classical weekend


Friday resulted in baby sitting from 7am till 5pm and then getting ready to go out. Me and one of my girls went out for appies and double bellinis.. mm!! We couldn't decide what club to go to. We were torn between two. So of course, we ended up at my weekend home... Caprice. It was DJ Kevin Scott djing that night and we met some of my guy friends and some randoms that went to the same middle school as us! Wieeerd! I saw some of these people on Thursday! I ended up getting way more hammered then I had planned. But I sobered up with a bottle of water. We also got free jagerbombs from the bartender! I couldn't turn down free drinks! That would just be dumb. I ended up dancing the night away and rocking to the beats of the dj. It was soo fun!

The next morning.. wasn't as fun. I felt like crap and my appearance matched it as well. A friend dropped by my house at about 7 and I was still in my pjs, unshowered and zero makeup. Definitely not my normal self. I don't think anyone has seen me without my face on besides my family in ages!

Speaking of family.. I ended up staying home on Saturday night. Something I haven't done in ages. I ended up watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. I've always wanted to watch the classic, and I can see why so many people like it. Besides the fact that Audrey Hepburn stars in it, and I love every outfit she wears, it has a great story of love and dreams. Basically, she is poor and looking for someone rich to marry, when the guy she really loves is right in front of her. Ahh.. if only we had our dream guy right in front of us. Here's a quote from the movie Paul Varjak (her lover) says to Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn). It reminds me a lot of me:

You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment