Thursday, July 3, 2008

"yuck I feel so gross"

Every girl including myself feels fat or off sometimes. I know that's how I'm feeling right now. To my surprise I stumbled across a guide on Handbag to make you love yourself and your body. Here's what it says, with my commentary in brackets:

  1. You are unique- despite the media hype, there is no such thing as a normal or average sized body. Your body is special and individual and as soon as you start to love it for what it is, other people will too. (agreed)
  2. Make the most of it- It's easier to feel happier about your body when you know you are presenting your best self to the world. It doesn't take much effort. Use make-up to enhance your best features, spend some money on a good haircut and enhance your good points. (haha, so basically to look your best you need make-up.. I guess I agree as much as I hate to)
  3. Watch your posture- If you go around with your head down and your shoulders slumped, that is how people are going to see you. Instead, show your body off to its best advantage. Walk tall, keep your shoulders back and keep your stomach in. It can add inches to your height and even alter your mood for the better. (Something I need to work on, but I believe it)
  4. Get real- Stop thinking that if you lost some weight, went to the gym every day or had a boob job everything would be different. Go on thinking like this and you will never accept your body for what it is because you will always be waiting for the perect time, which will never arrive. (Sooooo true.. but still it would be nice..... haha)
  5. Accept it- Instead of hiding your differences, make a feature of them. Decide what it is that makes you feel different from other people and you will discover the key to what makes you so special and unique. So you've got big feet, thin lips, bushy eyebrows, frizzy hair. As soon as you start to feel the need to fit in, think about these differences and make the most of them - they are what make you so original. (If only... easier said than done! Every girl is self-conscious about something or other)
  6. Treat yourself- Your body is what sets you apart from other people, so make sure you give it the attention it deserves. Have a facial, a pampering aromatherapy treatment or a wonderful massage. It will make you feel on top of the world, which works wonders in the attraction stakes. (bahh do I have time or money..?! yeah right shopping is actually tangible!)
  7. Get your beauty sleep- Your body is a fantastic feat of human engineering, but to function at optimum levels it needs rest, so make sure you get plenty of sleep, as it is during the night-time hours that your body goes through the essential processes of cell renewal and repair. (I'm pretty much nocturnal.. plus I like my partying, which I know totally ages you and your liver)
  8. Move it- Keeping fit makes you look and feel on top of the world and this is why. Regular exercise increases levels of endorphins, the body's own feel-good hormones, which in turn help to boost self-esteem and body image. (I'm trying, I'm really trying!)
  9. Love yourself- Stop comparing your body with other people's. Go on doing this and you will almost always feel intimidated. Start to love and appreciate all that your body does for you and remember you are perfect just the way you are. (I'm not too bad at this one.. in a good way!!)
  10. Stop imagining things- You may think your nose is too long, your bottom is big or your tummy sticks out, but think about it - it could be all in your mind. Do you notice these things in other people? Chances are the answer is 'no', which just goes to show that others are unlikely to look you up and down that closely. And even if they do, it's not going to change the way they think about you. (You are your worst critic but don't take it too seriously)
I do agree with these things... but like I said before, easier said than done. It's almost impossible to not thinks some of the awful thoughts making you feel like a mess but try? I guess.. haha. Well I still will love you for who you are! Mwah! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment